Friday, April 2, 2010

Blast From the Past: Galaxy High

Now, I'm going to admit something that might come as quite a shock to some people: I was a big nerd in school. I'm proud of it now, but back then I was ashamed. That's why underdog stories involving nerds always kept a small place in my heart, and Galaxy High was no exception. For those that remember this 80's cartoon, the plot centered around Amy and Doyle, two Earth students chosen to attend an outer space school named Galaxy High. Amy was your typical unnoticed bookworm, while Doyle was the school stud. However, once they arrived, their lives switched. Amy became a the sweetheart of the school, while Doyle had a hard time making friends. I don't think it lasted very long, however it's one that a lot of people seem to fondly remember, even if they weren't nerds like me. Check out the intro below, or if you can't see it, click here.

Fun fact: One of the writers has become a famous director, whose credits include one of the most beloved film series of all time. Wanna know who, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment