Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Discovery and ESPN to Have 3-D T.V. Channels

I stumbled upon this article on yahoo today (originally from TVguide.com) that stated both ESPN and Discovery plan to debut 3-D television channels in the coming months. ESPN plans to launch "ESPN 3D" this summer, with Discovery following in early 2011. Although ESPN will be first to offer 3D programming, they will alternate between regular and 3D shows, while Discovery plans to be the first 24/7 3D channel. 3D glasses will be required, as well as a special 3D-capable box. The article finishes with what I first wondered when I read the headline, that there has not been any news on whether this will cost anything new for subscribers.

I love technology, but I'm wondering if this is something that I will immediately jump on. It sounds great, but the skeptic in me always wonders about the negative. I guess like everyone else, I'll have to wait and see if this will be worth it.

Source: tv.yahoo.com/news

No comments:

Post a Comment