Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Leno's side of the story

On a previous post, I wrote that I was going to wait and see what Jay Leno had to say before making any judgments against him, unlike many others out there, and while browsing through the T.V. news on Yahoo came across this: Leno: Don't Blame Conan (or Me).

According to the article, Leno asked to be let out of his contract twice, and had told NBC executives that moving him to the 10 o'clock slot was a very bad idea. Leno also states that NBC had misled him into thinking that the move back to his old time slot was agreed upon by all, including Conan. O'Brien had rejected the plan a week earlier, and has been negotiating with NBC on a proper settlement amount (with some sources citing as much as 30 million).

I'm not sure what to think on this. On one hand, it could just be damage control. On the other, it wouldn't surprise me one bit for it to all be NBC's fault. They have not done the best when it comes to managing their programming lately, and this kind of blunder would fit in with their already souring reputation. But before I scream conspiracy or cover-up, I'm gonna get myself a little bit more informed. Although, as I have said before and I'll say again, I still feel that Conan was the one who ultimately got the most unfair treatment, and deserves as much money as he can get.


No comments:

Post a Comment