Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Thoughts on Tonights T.V. (Wed.)

Since Glee was a repeat, I figured I would try the new comedy block on ABC. I missed The Middle and Modern Family, hopefully I can find them online. I've only seen a couple of episodes of each previously, and I wanted to see if I was missing something great. I was able to catch two of their other shows, one new, one I used to watch, and I must say I was pleasantly surprised.

First up, Cougar Town, starring former Friends star Courtney Cox. This is the episode I mentioned in a previous post that was going to guest star Lisa Kudrow (also from Friends) and it didn't disappoint. I laughed. A lot. More than I actually thought I would. Yes, it was kind of sleazy and corny, but it was also fun. Just the kind of thing to take your mind off your world for a while. I don't know yet if I will make it appointment T.V., but I'm willing to give it another try.

Next was Ugly Betty, a show I had mentioned that I adored but needed a break from (I guess like all relationships). When the episode started, I was a bit worried. Seeing Betty going through another boyfriend dilemma made my heart sink. But the story didn't end where I expected, and it had just the right amount of drama and comedy. I still didn't feel the spark I had when it first premiered, but I will watch again. Besides, I just love the new look Betty has. More sophisticated and professional. Very fitting for someone moving up in the magazine business.

Well, that's it for now. Tune back tomorrow for more of my simply scintillating reviews : )

No comments:

Post a Comment