Thursday, March 11, 2010

Betty White Set to Host SNL May 8th

Get the DVR's ready people, Betty White is set to host Saturday Night Live on May 8th in a special mother's day episode, according to TVGuide.com. She will be joined by Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Molly Shannon, Maya Rudolph, Ana Gasteyer and Rachel Dratch (but unfortunately, no Cheri Oteri, any one know what's happened to her?) in what I hope will be a knockout episode.

One thing I found interesting while reading the article is that White has been asked to host on three different occasions by Lorne Michaels, but refused. "It's so New York, and I'm not New York at all," White stated, "But my agent said he'd divorce me if I didn't do it, and I love my agent." I, for one, am glad she changed her mind.

In honor of this event, and to prepare, I have decided to share some clips I found of Betty White at her best. Enjoy!!!


One of My Favorite Golden Girls Scenes
Granted, it's not exclusively White, but it shows just how well she can play a character, and how she makes a great ensemble player.

No comments:

Post a Comment