Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Dancing with the Stars: Season 10 Cast and Pairings

Well everyone, it's that time again for another round of Dancing with the Stars (hold for applause). If you are like me, you probably only really tune in when someone of interest comes up, and in my opinion we definitely have some head scratchers, as well as some I can get on board with:

Buzz Aldrin (astronaut) and Ashly Costa (formerly Ashly DelGrosso)
Pamela Anderson (actress; Baywatch alum) and Damian Whitewood (new pro)
Erin Andrews (ESPN reporter) and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
Shannen Doherty (actress; Beverly Hills, 90210 alum; Charmed) and Mark Ballas
Kate Gosselin (former Jon & Kate Plus 8 matriarch) and Tony Dovolani
Evan Lysacek (Olympic gold medalist figure skater) and Anna Trebunskaya
Niecy Nash (comedian-actress) and Louis van Amstel
Chad Ochocinco (wide receiver for Cincinnati Bengals) and Cheryl Burke
Jake Pavelka (The Bachelor) and Chelsie Hightower
Nicole Scherzinger (singer) and Derek Hough
Aiden Turner (All My Children star) and Edyta Sliwinska

My thoughts: It's great to have Ashley back, and although I liked Lacey, Ashley is one pro I have truly missed. Kate Gosselin. Hmmm, I thought this was Dancing with the Stars, not Dancing with People that Exploited their Kids to Get Famous. Poor Tony, hopefully she won't be as abrasive with him as she was reportedly with John on the show (who I am glad didn't make the list. Not that he was actually ever on it, but sometimes these shows can surprise you. You listening Celebrity Apprentice? ) I guess I should also say poor Mark as well. Doherty does have a, *cough*, reputation for being just a tiny bit abrasive, so it's possible when they announce a "team meltdown" we might actually see one, and although it may seem unfair to have a Pussycat Doll (Scherzinger) and a figure skater (Lysacek) on the list, we have to remember that what they do is different from ballroom. That being said, Scherzinger and Lysacek are my early faves, but I am holding a special place in my heart for Niecy Nash, who I absolutely adore. I'm hoping she's the pleasant surprise of the season; the one contestant whose growth outshines the rest. Not to mention the fact that she is just screamingly funny.

What do you all think? Who are your early faves?

No comments:

Post a Comment