Monday, March 29, 2010

New Changes for So You Think You Can Dance

Hmmm, just read this off of TVGuide.com: Big Changes at So You Think You Can Dance

When I saw the link, I immediately hoped that they were going back to rotating the 3rd judge (No offense to the Shank, but I miss seeing Debbie Allen show up on occasion) but alas, that was not the case. Instead they are going to from having a top 20 to only having a top 10, with one dancer going home each week. I know what you are thinking, cause I thought the same too: won't that make a really fast season? Well, it appears that each new dancer will be paired with a former all-star contestant. That means we actually have the possibility of  Travis, Benji, Dominic, Twitch and such grace the stage again instead of choreographing (or maybe both.)

I don't know about this, since part of the appeal is having an unknown rise to superstar status. But it will be fun to see some favorites again. I can't deny that. What do you all think? Does this sound like a good idea? Also, who would you like to see return?

2 comments:

  1. I don't like this at all, Why would you want to change something that works?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. Stuff like that is usually for when a show has lost it's appeal. Not when it is still good.

    ReplyDelete