Thursday, February 11, 2010

Blast From the Past: Hulk Hogan's Rock n' Wrestling

With MTV changing it's look, it got me thinking about all the stuff I used to watch when I was actually under a 38 waist.  Plus, being the dork that I am, I have decided to try and devote every Thursday to those special shows that used to get my little heart beating with excitement. We all know the Smurfs, Thundercats and G.I. Joe, so I wanted to try and find something that people might not remember right away, which brings us to our first blast from the past honoree: Hulk Hogan's Rock n' Wrestling. Now, I haven't seen an episode in a long, long time, so I can't really talk about quality, but I do remember the excitement of seeing my favorite grapplers in cartoon form. In a nutshell, you had your good guys, led by Hogan, and your bad guys, led by Rowdy Roddy Piper, and their misadventures week after week. It may sound corny, but it actually had my little brother and I glued to the T.V.

Unfortunately, after doing some research, I learned that they didn't actually provide the voices, which is suprising to me, especially in the case of Hogan, who I would have thought being the main character, would at least have been the only one. You might be surprised who it actually is, and if you want to know, you can click here. For those that would rather live in denial, sit back, relax, and let your inner child flow by watching the intro I was actually able to find on youtube.com. Do you remember the show? Watch and discuss below.

No comments:

Post a Comment