Friday, February 19, 2010

TV Guide Magazine | News | Simon Cowell on His Idol Replacement

Here's something of interest for all you American Idol fans: TV Guide Magazine | News | Simon Cowell on His Idol Replacement

This article did three things for me: First, it showed his appreciation for Ellen, whose perspective as a stage performer is a benefit to the contestants. Second, it calmed my fears of Howard Stern being the replacement, since Cowell himself said Stern would not be a good match. Third, it brought up the choice of Perez Hilton, who is mentioned in the article of campaigning really hard for it. Simon thinks he is a good choice, and I have nothing against Perez Hilton (I agree with Simon, he is a character with lots of personality, and isn't afraid to be confrontational) but, as with my hesitation with Stern, I wonder what his background in music is. I guess I will have to do a little research before I make any personal judgments. To be honest though, it wouldn't matter what I said, it's up to Simon and the producers, and I anticipate that whomever they choose will come with controversy, no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment