Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Pattie LaBelle comments on American Idol judges

Here's something interesting from the Associated Press: Patti LaBelle: Some Idol judges aren't qualified.

The fabulous Ms. LaBelle, a legend best known for the original "Lady Marmalade" song, commented that some of the judges lacked the skill to really critique, but would not name names (man, I really wish she had, that would have been killer). She went on to say that some of the comments are just too harsh, and tells hopefuls say I can when others say you can't.

I agree with her to some extent. Being mean for the sake of being mean is not helpful at all. But if you actually back it up with some constructive commentary, then that makes it a little better. I've just never understood how someone that beat out thousands could still end up being awful during the voting rounds (ala Sanjaya) since, and correct me if I'm wrong, they were picked because they weren't awful? Well, I guess some mysteries will always be left unsolved. Hmmm, I wonder if Sanjaya is considered one of TV's biggest blunders. Maybe something like biggest blunder of the voting public? That's one I didn't think of before I guessed Geraldo and Al Capone's Vault. I'm gonna go back to the EW list and check.

No comments:

Post a Comment