Thursday, February 18, 2010

Blast from the Past: Muppet Babies

This weeks Blast from the Past honoree will ask us to sit back and use our imagination when it's too rainy to go outside. So if you haven't figured it out yet, I'm talking about the Muppet Babies. Each episode featured our favorite Muppets (in baby form) as they jumped from one adventure to another, all with the power of their minds. What I really liked about this one is that it combined clips from movies and shows in telling some of their stories. As a kid it seemed really neat, and now I want to see them again as an adult in order to see if I can name them all.The trivia section on IMDB states that the clips were so extensive, that putting all the episodes on DVD or syndicating them would be impossible due to royalties and fees. I wonder how much of that is true?

Some other trivia of note: the character of Skeeter was never a Muppet. She was only used for the cartoon. They were also attended by a never seen but only heard Nanny. Wanna take a guess at who played her? Can't place her, then click here to find out.

I found two different intros on youtube, so I assume that it must have changed during it's run. Enjoy!!!
Intro. 1

Intro. 2

No comments:

Post a Comment