Sunday, February 7, 2010

Howard Stern on Idol?

I caught this yesterday, but it took a bit to sink in: Is Howard Stern replacing Simon Cowell on Idol?

Now, I think I know why producers would want Stern. He is very opinionated and is never afraid to tell it like it is, much like an acerbic judge we currently know. However, and I could be wrong so please correct me if I am, putting Stern on would take away another music industry expert that could have the same valuable input that Simon provides. Also, Stern's kind of truthfulness is more compatible with a round table such as Real Time with Bill Maher, and not with a bunch of hopefuls trying to make it in the music industry. Like everything, I can wait and see, and since this isn't official it's not something that should let get my undies in a twist. But, if producers are trying to shake things up to keep Idol of interest once Cowell goes, then I think they need to really think long and hard before making a choice. A lot is at stake, and one bad decision in this fickle T.V. climate is never a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment